Frequently asked questions
Which are the basic conditions to rent a vehicle from Autonom Rent a Car ?
The minimum age of the driver is 21. The driver has to be entitled to drive a car for at least one year before the rental.
What documents do I need in order to rent a car from Autonom Rent a Car ?
The driver must hold a valid driving license and identity card/passport.
What are the stepsin order to rent a car from Autonom Rent a Car?
1. You send your request by filling the online reservation form, by e-mail or by telephone. Your request should contain : the car type, the pick up & return dates & hours, your name and telephone number.
2. Our reservation manager will send you a temporary booking.
3. If you accept the booking you have to confirm it by e-mail within 48 hours after receiving it. After your confirmation, you’ll have a final booking.
1. The car will be delivered at the date, hour and location establish in the booking (clean and with a full tank). At the pick up you will sign the rental contract, we fill in the Car Pick up/drop off Sheet and you make the payment.
2. The rental begins. If you have any problem with the car just call us any time, we are at your service 24h/24
3. The car is returned at the date, hour and location established in the contract. A check-out protocol will be issued when the car is collected. You will recieve back the warranty deposit and an invoice (if requested).
Are there any taxes for additional drivers ?
How do I receive the car at the airport ?
An agent from our agency will wait for you at the international arrivals terminal at our rental desk office. If it is you first rental with Autonom please bring copies of your ID and driving license.
Can I extend the rental period ?
If you wish to extend the rental period, you must notify Autonom with at least 24 hours prior to the date of expiry of the rental period. If the car is available an additional paper will be signed and you must pay for the new rental period (the payment can be made at any Autonom regional office or by giving us your credit card details).
What is the procedure in case of car accident or mechanical fault ?
During the rental period our entire crew is at your service.
In case of accident or mechanical fault please contact our agents, they will assit you. The phone numbers are written in the contract.
In case of mechanical fault, you benefit of 24/7 car towing and roadside assistance, vehicle replacement in the event of damage that cannot be repaired on the spot.
In case of an accident, you have to follow the local legislation : you must contact the police and report the accident, even if there aren’t any injured persons. You also have to obtain the police reports and copies of the documents of the other driver(s) involved in the accident.